• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

Spent most of yesterday playing “It’s a Knockout” for a local Hospice charity event. Basically silly games involving giant inflatables. Hopefully I will have more pictures of my team at some point, but here is picture coverage from local radio station Arrow FM to be going on with.

My team is the one in the red t-shirt in the bottom row (with me in some subtle shorts). If you go one up and one left from there, you’ll also find me making a smoothie. The blender was attached to a bicycle and anyone wanting a smoothie had to do some pedaling to get it to work.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

stepurhan - 15 July 2012 03:08 AM

Spent most of yesterday playing “It’s a Knockout” for a local Hospice charity event. Basically silly games involving giant inflatables. Hopefully I will have more pictures of my team at some point, but here is picture coverage from local radio station Arrow FM to be going on with.

Awesome Obstacle Courses!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

LOL Great shorts.

I remember it’s a knockout from the 80’s. Looked like a lot of fun.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

millenia - 12 July 2012 11:44 AM

I hope you’re still trying to be funny there Wink.

Actually, no. I was hurt and sad by what you wrote, but my overreaction was probably due to me not feeling so well at the time. I had a nasty cold going on. Now it’s water under the bridge, as I believe they say.

(But I still wonder why J-boo was asking about a Christmas greeting at this time of year.)

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

My team is the one in the red t-shirt in the bottom row (with me in some subtle shorts). If you go one up and one left from there, you’ll also find me making a smoothie. The blender was attached to a bicycle and anyone wanting a smoothie had to do some pedaling to get it to work.

I want a smoothie!!!  Grin

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I’ve realised I enjoy any subject where I can express my opinions in lengthy long-winded paragraphs. I think I’ve rediscovered what first drew me to online fora, aside from the social aspect.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

OK Jatsie, what’s your opinion on milk cartons?

Total Posts: 214

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I dislike fluids in cartons. I miss the days of having a milkman who would pop by each morning on his milk float, and leave little glass pint bottles on the doorstep. These days we get all our milk from the supermarket, but it comes in plastic bottles, but they’re convenient because of the screw cap. I bought milk in a bag once, just for the novelty, and not out of some desire to save the planet by using less packaging. I recycle the plastic bottles anyway. I understand that bagged milk is very popular in Canada, but I can’t see it catching on here. Apparently Americans like to print the faces of missing children on the side of their milk cartons; I don’t think I’d enjoy that. When I’m having my afternoon tea I don’t need to see the face of some dishevelled street-urchin staring up at me.

Total Posts: 5611

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Very stylish shorts, Step, and the outfit is complete with a color-coordinated smoothie!  It looks like everybody had a great time.

Your pictures are lovely, Fantasy!  Much happiness to you both!

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Jatsie - 16 July 2012 12:34 AM

I dislike fluids in cartons. I miss the days of having a milkman who would pop by each morning on his milk float, and leave little glass pint bottles on the doorstep. These days we get all our milk from the supermarket, but it comes in plastic bottles, but they’re convenient because of the screw cap. I bought milk in a bag once, just for the novelty, and not out of some desire to save the planet by using less packaging. I recycle the plastic bottles anyway. I understand that bagged milk is very popular in Canada, but I can’t see it catching on here. Apparently Americans like to print the faces of missing children on the side of their milk cartons; I don’t think I’d enjoy that. When I’m having my afternoon tea I don’t need to see the face of some dishevelled street-urchin staring up at me.

I also don’t like cartons because you can’t recycle them. I always buy the plastic 2l bottles. And luckily we don’t have pictures of missing people on them Smile.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

What do you mean you can’t recycle cartons? Surely you have cardboard bins?

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Our milk cartons, in addition to being recyclable, have plastic screw caps these days.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

UPtimist - 16 July 2012 04:22 AM

What do you mean you can’t recycle cartons? Surely you have cardboard bins?

Most drink cartons are covered on the inside with a metal/plastic layer, making them not recyclable. At least, that’s what I learned.

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

‘ow queer!

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

Í wish our cartons had a plastic cap…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top